NEW JERSEY VIOLENT CRIME LAWYER
All criminal charges in New Jersey carry consequences. Crimes of violence, however, carry the most severe penalties up to and including life in prison without the possibility of parole. It is important when facing these allegations to have a New Jersey criminal lawyer who has the same training, experience, and skill necessary to defend you against these charges.
As a former Assistant Prosecutor and Special Deputy Attorney General, VANDO CARDOSO has earned a reputation as an aggressive New Jersey criminal defense lawyer with a proven track record. Through your toughest days, you will have an attorney by your side who has the same training and experience as the prosecutor's you face.
HOW CARDOSO LAW CAN HELP YOU
When a person is arrested for a violent crime, it is important to hire Cardoso Law immediately to protect your rights. VANDO CARDOSO is a former New Jersey Special Deputy Attorney General and Prosecutor who has handled all forms of investigations and prosecution into violent crimes such as murders, manslaughters, aggravated assaults, robberies, kidnapping, and more. When you hire our firm, you hire an experienced and skill trial attorney who will advocate for your rights. Our New Jersey criminal defense firm will:
- launch an active investigation into the allegations by the police;
- move to release you from jail;
- review all the evidence that the prosecution possesses and point out the problems in the prosecution's case;
- look to negotiate the case to a lower charge or negotiate to have the case dismissed;
- discuss with you all potential defenses and options for trial; and
- where a conviction is inevitable, argue for a minimum sentence or request alternatives to a jail sentence.
TYPES OF VIOLENT CRIMES WE HANDLE
During his career as a Prosecutor, Special Deputy Attorney General, and now criminal defense attorney, Vando Cardoso has handled a wide array of cases involving crimes of violence. Some of these types of cases include:
- Aggravated Assault;
- Aggravated Sexual Assault;
- Domestic Violence;
- Assault by Auto;
- Assaulting a Police Officer;
- Weapons and Firearms crimes;
- Terroristic Threats; and
- Other violent crimes
NEW JERSEY PENALTIES FOR VIOLENT CRIMES
Depending on the type of violent crime, you may be facing significant time in state prison or county jail. Some violent crimes have specific statutory sentencing exposures that are particular to that crime. Whereas other violent crimes fall under standard sentencing guidelines.
Murder, for example, falls outside the standard sentencing guidelines and provides specific enhanced State Prison exposure. Depending on the type of murder, a person may be exposed to life in prison with specific parole stipulations.
Aside from murder and other specific crimes that have specific sentences, here are some general guidelines for what you may face. Please be mindful that some violent crimes are also governed by the "No Early Release Act" which requires that a person serve 85 percent of the sentence before the person is subject to parole. It is important to CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY if you are facing a New Jersey violent crimes charge.
- A first degree crime, a person may face up to 20 years in New Jersey State Prison;
- A second degree crime, a person may face up to 10 years in New Jersey State Prison;
- A third degree crime, a person may face up to 5 years in New Jersey State Prison;
- A fourth degree crime, a person may face up to 18 months in New Jersey State Prison; and
- a disorderly drug crime, a person faces up to 6 months in the county jail.